COZUMEL Adventure Update
Forms DUE to Barb (see below for details):
6. Two Copies of your Passport [returned at the end of the trip
7. Copy of your Dive Certification Card [C-card]
Important links as we prepare for our Cozumel Diving Adventure:
• Cozumel Packing/Equipment List <--- NEW as of 7/13/16
• Hotel Cozumel Webcams
• Our Dive Company - Aqua Safari
|Sun Jul 17|| 6931||Depart DENVER, DENVER INTERNATIONAL at 11:15 AM |
Arrive in CANCUN, INTERNATIONAL, MX at 4:05PM
Travel Time 3 hours 50 minutes
|Sat Jul 23|| 1032||Depart CANCUN, INTERNATIONAL, MX at 1:30PM |
Arrive in DENVER, DENVER INTERNATIONAL at 4:40PM
Travel Time 4 hours 10 minutes
REQUIRED COZUMEL FORMS:
Please take time to complete all forms completely.
- CODE OF CONDUCT
MEDICAL FORM [BSA Parts A, B and C]
- Required for all Scouts on the trip
- Must be signed by both Scouts and parents
PADI MEDICAL FORM
- Needed by all Scouts and Adults
- MUST be signed and dated showing a physical within the past 12 months (on or after July 1, 2015)
- Must contain parts A, B and C
- Must have a copy of current Medical Insurance Card attached <--- IMPORTANT
- This can be the copy on file with the troop if the medical check falls within the date above.
AQUA SAFARI FORM– NEEDED ASAP! <----------------------------------------------------
- Must complete the Dive Medical Questionnaire AND Student Sections (including physician contact information)
- Physician Section and signature section is completed ONLY if YES is the answer to any of the questions on page 1.
- SEE SCOTT IF YOU MUST MARK YES FOR ANY ITEM!
- Be sure to answer YES or NO on page one. DO NOT USE A "Y" or "N", quotation marks or a line down the column
PARENT CONSENT FOR MINOR TRAVEL
- Required by all Scouts and adults traveling with the group
TWO PHOTOCOPIES OF YOUR PASSPORTS
- Required by ALL Scouts traveling to Cozumel even if traveling with one or both parents
- MUST be notarized
- MUST be signed by BOTH parents
- Must be Notarized [sign in front of the notary public]
COPY OF YOUR C-CARD [dive certification card]
- One will be with us and one with Barb Allan in Colorado. All copies will be returned upon completion of the trip.
- Useful to replace lost or stolen passports
- Dive certification card from PADI or SSI
- Original or temporary card AND dive log required for diving
- Bring your original with you. Copies turned in with paperwork
E. COZUMEL CHECKLIST:
- Required for all travelers
- Must not expire for at least 6 months
- Copies provided – see #6 above
Travel AND Dive Insurance
- CELL PHONES - Check into adding a temporary international roaming plan to any cell phones you are taking. Scouts – cell phones can work in Mexico but rates may be huge without a special plan. Best advice, leave it at home. We will have computer access if you want to upload to Facebook.
- CHARGE CARDS - Adults – we always like to have some charge card backup! If you will be brining a charge card to Mexico, it is good to call and let them know your travel plans and dates. This is especially true if you get tapped for dinner bill. I'll have charge cards for our use but backups are always good if there are problems with them.
- Our bookings and fees are not refundable. The decision on travel insurance is up to each Scout's family. It is not part of the troop trip.
- Our biggest challenge is always the fact that it is hurricane season.
- Diver Alert Network provides both Dive Insurance and Travel Insurance.
- Dive Insurance - coverage for dive related injuries and medical transportation services
- Travel Insurance - various coverage levels affect the premium
- BOTH of these insurance plans are on an individual basis. They are encouraged, but NOT part of the trip costs!
- When purchasing trip insurance on the DAN Website, the basic price for airfare, scuba dive rates and hotel is $1300.