Home‎ > ‎

BSA Consent and Release Form and Medical Forms

There are always questions surrounding the BSA medical forms and troop 171 requirements. Please follow the links below for specific information and forms.

  • Colorado Immunization Card < Required for National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
  • Troop 171 Medical Information Card [Blue card - See Barb A. for a hard copy of this form]
  • Landing page: Change “BSA Medical Forms and Information Links” to “BSA Consent and Release Form and Medical Forms”
  • Landing page, directly under “Links” I suggest we list the following as text only (not hyperlinks):
    • Part A: Informed Consent, Release Agreement, and Authorization
    • Part B: General Information/Health History
    • Part C: Pre-Participation Physical
    • Part D: High-Adventure Notes to Physicians and Parents
Medical Form Requirements At-a-Glance:
  • All Scouts Need:
    • BSA Parts A and B to attend meetings and trips. Must be signed within the last 12 months
    • BSA Part C to attend campouts, summer camp and other events. See below for details
    • Copy of health insurance card [include with medical forms]
    • Troop 171 Medical Information Card to attend meetings and trips
  • Adults attending a Scout event over 72 hours:
    • BSA Parts A, B and C with medical provider signature
  • Adults attending a Troop 171 campout
    • Parts A, B and C signed within the previous 12 months
Medical Forms Requirements:
  • Troop 171 Medical Information Card - required for all Scouts and adults who attend meetings and trips. This card is kept at all events including troop meetings, campouts and other activities. It contains important allergy, medical and contact information.
  • BSA - a full medical form (parts A, B, and C) are required EACH year for all Scouts and adults who attend meetings and trips.
  • BSA Forms:
    • Part A (completed by parents): Medical Health History and Prescription Information
    • Part B (completed by parents): Informed Consent and Release
    • Part C (completed by medical provider): Health Physical Exam
    • Part D (completed by medical provider and parents): only for diving and other trips. Not needed for any planned Troop 171 trips.
  • Summer Camps: BSA Medical (parts A, B, and C). Medical provider signature must be within the 12 months prior to camp.
  • Klondike Derby, Order of the Arrow and other BSA sponsored events: BSA Medical (parts A and B ONLY). Part C is NOT required.

  • Other Important Information:
    • All adults must be registered in BSA to be covered by BSA accident insurance.